The bond between cousins is a unique one. They’re family, so they’re stuck with each other for life. However, unlike siblings, they usually don’t live in the same house, driving each other bananas!
Whether you share grandparents or you’re cousins by marriage, it often stands true that “you act more like siblings than cousins, and more like best friends than siblings.”
The connection between cousins is the perfect equation for a special lifelong friendship.
Unfortunately, in the hustle and bustle of life, it can be easy to forget important dates like a cousin’s birthday. We have the list of ways to say, “happy belated birthday, cousin,” for times such as this.
Beneath the list, we also share tips for personalizing your own special birthday message for your cousin.
- Are you sure you just had a birthday? You haven’t aged a day! Best belated birthday wishes to the most youthful, gorgeous cousin in all the world.
- Hey, Cousin! Now that everyone else’s birthday wishes have worn off, here’s a great big one from me!
- Cousins are one of family’s greatest treasures, and you’re no exception. Sending you lots of love and my late best wishes for your birthday.
- We both know I’m your favorite cousin, no matter how late my birthday wishes arrive! Hope you had a fantastic birthday!
- I am so grateful to have a cousin such as you, who is loving and forgiving, and not forgetful, like me! Happy late birthday wishes to you!
- Sorry this is coming to you a little late. Life’s unpredictable and exciting and really throws me for a loop sometimes, just like you do. I hope you had a fantastic birthday and wish you the best in the upcoming year. Happy belated birthday to you, cousin!
- I would move the sun and moon, turn back the clock for you. But violating the laws of physics seemed like overkill, so here’s your card late. Happy birthday, cousin!
- You know me, always late to the party. Hope you had a smashing birthday. With love, from your favorite cousin.
- You probably get lots of messages on your birthday. But what about after? When the balloons have withered, and the cake has crumbled? Who’s thinking of you then? Who’s looking out for you when the spotlight’s off? I am, that’s who. Me. Happy birthday, cousin!
- A special late happy birthday to you from your forgetful cousin. Thanks for always having my back. Here’s to another fun year together!
- Sorry for the tardiness. At least I’ll be the first to wish you a happy belated birthday! Love you, cuz!
- We share so many happy, scary, wonderful memories. You’ve been my best friend for as long as I can remember. I’m sorry to be saying this so late, but happy birthday, cousin!
- I sincerely hope all your fondest birthday wishes come true. My wish is for you to know what a wonderful cousin you are to me and that you’ll forgive this late happy birthday.
- [Cousin’s name], I apologize for wishing you a happy birthday so late. I count it a blessing to have such an understanding cousin. Love you!
- Happy belated birthday, cousin! I know I’m late wishing you a happy birthday, but mine is coming around soon, and revenge is sweet. I won’t mind, promise!
- This could either be a late happy birthday greeting or a super SUPER early happy birthday for next year! You’re the creative cousin in the family. Which one would you choose? Happy birthday to you! Love you lots!
- Special belated birthday wishes to you. “Cousins are many. Best friends are few. What a rare delight to find both in you.”
- Best birthday wishes to the best cousin around! I know I’m late, but I send you these wishes with all my love and a promise to do better next year.
- Dear [cousin’s name], a belated birthday wish that your life will continue to be filled with the love and happiness you deserve. Have a wonderful year ahead! Happy belated birthday, cuz!
Tips for Personalizing Your Birthday Message to a Cousin
We know relationships between cousins come in every shape and size, from “friendly at family functions” to the closest of friends.
That’s why we’ve provided some ideas for how to personalize your own message for your one-of-a-kind cousin!
- Use your family name to create a pun. This is a great way to make your birthday message super unique. All you have to do is take your last name (or theirs if it’s different) and search for puns to add to your message. For example, if your last name is Jones, you might say, “Together, we’re cooler than The Rolling ‘Jones.’ Hope you had a smashing birthday full of rock and roll and lots of love.”
- Draw on your best memories together. One way to create the perfect personal birthday message for a cousin is to think of the best times the two of you have had together. Remind your cousin of this memory in your birthday message and let them know how much they mean to you.
- Do you share an inside joke? If so, make that part of the message. This is a great way to remind your cousin of the fun times you’ve had together and to make even a belated birthday wish more special.
- “Happy Belated Birthday Wishes for Friends and Family,” Homemade Gifts Made Easy
- “150+ Happy Belated Birthday Cousin Wishes With Images,” Happy Belated Birthday
- “22 Clever Captions For Cousins Who Double As Forever Friends,” Elite Daily
- “Created Belated Birthday Greetings With Name,” Name Bday