The first officially documented cycling race was held in 1868 in Paris, France, while the first to be recorded in the U.S. occurred 10 years later in Boston, Massachusetts.
If you have a friend or family member who’s an avid cyclist with an upcoming birthday, why not send a special message for the big day?
Here, we’ve provided the list of over 20 unique birthday wishes perfect for a cyclist. We also share tips for crafting your own beneath the list!
- Live, laugh, ride! Have a great birthday full of all of life’s most wonderful things.
- May your birthday be full of good vibes, great company, and of course, plenty of time on your bike!
- Pump up the fun — it’s your birthday!
- Happy birthday to you! Hope you had a year full of wild rides and adventure. Here’s to many more.
- Pedal hard and enjoy the ride! All the best on your birthday!
- Never hit the brakes on doing what you love. Happy birthday and happy cycling!
- Fresh air and fast bikes — the only thing better is enjoying them on your birthday. Happy birthday to you!
- Have a fabulous birthday full of good vibes and great rides.
- May your birthday be as happy and carefree as a bike ride on a sunny day!
- I’m so thankful for you and all the fun we share, riding our bikes without a care. Happy birthday to you!
- Here’s to your next great cycling adventure and a wonderful birthday!
- Happy birthday to the best biker I know!
- Hope you cycle your way to a super happy birthday!
- Have a “wheelie” swell birthday!
- I hope your birthday is as fun and adventurous as a cycling tour through beautiful scenery!
- Wishing you a happy birthday and a year full of big wins and adventure!
- Happy birthday! Wheel on over any time for a special birthday surprise.
- Remember to hit the brakes, have some cake, and have a wonderful birthday!
- Another year older, another year faster. Seriously, I’ll never be able to keep up. Happy birthday, buddy.
- Sending my best birthday wishes to a super cycler — happy birthday!
- Happy birthday to a cycling star! Keep chasing your dreams as fast as two wheels can carry you.
- It’s so great that the years haven’t slowed you down a bit. Happy birthday, Speed Racer!
- Hope you have a spoke-tacular birthday!
How to Craft Clever, Personal Birthday Wishes for a Cyclist
No one knows your friends better than you, so you might want to craft a more personalized birthday message for the cyclist in your life.
Here are some ideas to make it easy-breezy!
- Include a bicycle-related memory. Think back to all the memories you share with them that include cycling. It could be what ran through your mind the first time you saw them on a bike. It could be how heroic they look crossing a finish line. Or it could be how much fun you have biking with them!
- Send well wishes to the bike, too. It may sound silly, but a cyclist’s bicycle will likely be extraordinarily important to them. They’ve customized it, traveled miles on it, and made many memories with it. While they may chuckle at the idea of you speaking to their bike, they’ll also appreciate your interest in their hobbies.
- Share a cyclist joke. Adding a themed joke to your birthday wishes is a great way to brighten their day. Our “spoke-tacular” pun — a play on the spokes of a bike’s wheel and “spectacular” — is one example.
- Wish them luck. If your birthday pal has a big upcoming race or they’re planning to ride a tough trail soon, wish them the best of luck and let them know you’ll be thinking about them!
- “21+ Best Happy Birthday Wishes for Cyclists (Him/Her),” Wishes Ocean