Firefighters are an essential part of our communities. Each year, hundreds of thousands of residential building fires occur in the United States.
Firefighters also receive millions of medical emergency phone calls every year, which is why many are trained to be paramedics, too.
But did you know that of the 1,000,000+ firefighters in the U.S., more than half work as volunteers?
If you know a firefighter celebrating a birthday, make sure you help make it a special day. They deserve it!
Below, we have the list of unique ways to say happy birthday to a firefighter, plus a few ideas for getting them the perfect gift.
- Even superheroes need to take a day off now and then. Hope you’re having a great birthday with all the people you love most.
- Stay safe. Stay courageous. Stay the greatest. And have a birthday that’s “lit!”
- Wishing you a happy birthday and a safe year. You make the world a brighter place.
- Happy birthday to my fearless [mom/dad]. I hope I grow up to be just like you someday.
- You amaze me every day, fighting fires like a world champion. You deserve to have the happiest of birthdays!
- Happy birthday! Friends like you are “fuel” and far between. Looking forward to another awesome year working with you.
- You’re my ins-pyro-tion. Best wishes to you for a happy, happy birthday!
- You’ve touched so many lives and made such a difference in the world. You’re a true hero! I only wish I could do half as much for you on your birthday as you’ve done for others.
- I’ve always “char”-ished our friendship. Hope you have a great birthday! I look forward to continuing our adventures fighting fires and sharing shenanigans at the station.
- Your heroism hits it out of the ‘spark.’ Here’s to you on your birthday! Have a great one.
- Your strength and perseverance amaze me every day. I’m so thankful to be celebrating you on your birthday.
- Happy birthday to my firefighting [brother/sister]. Wishing you all the best.
- Sound the alarm — it’s your birthday. Happy birthday!
- Just wanted to wish a happy birthday to the bravest firefighter I know. You make the world a safer place.
- In all the hemis-“fires,” you’re my favorite fireman/woman. Happy birthday!
- For your birthday this year, I hope you find your happy “fiery”-tale ending.
- Thanks so ‘match’ for all you do. Happy birthday to you!
- I’m de-light-ed to wish you a happy birthday. I “lava” you so, so much!
- I’d just like to say a “fuel” words to the man/woman of the hour. Here’s to you. I hope you have the happiest of birthdays.
Birthday Gift Ideas for Firefighters
If you’re close with a firefighter and want to do more than just wish them “happy birthday” with words, get them a gift!
If you’re having trouble finding the perfect gift, we have some ideas to help you out:
- Fun games (board games, card games, etc.) to keep at the fire station
- Personalized sign to keep at work as a reminder of how proud you are of them
- Pocket multi-tool
- Acupressure massage sandals
- Keychain with a family photo
- Grilling tools if they like to grill at the fire station
- Fireman-themed wall clock
- T-shirt or sweatshirt featuring their favorite superhero
- Create a playlist with all their favorite songs
- LED flashlight gloves