The way you communicate is crucial to how you portray a message. The tone, volume, and even the speed at which you speak can influence the way it’s received.
When flirting, body language can be just as important as the words you choose.
However, flirty texting is as much a part of today’s dating world as face-to-face exchanges.
Regardless of the circumstance, the words you choose can have significant value romantically, rousing the heart and demonstrating your intellect.
For instance, a flirty response to someone wishing you a good day can turn the conversation in a whole new direction.
Below, we have the list of flirty responses to choose from, plus tips for picking the right response.
- I will, as long as I see your adorable smile later.
- Thanks! Seeing you just made it a whole lot better.
- Thanks, [beautiful/handsome].
- You, too. Do you have any plans for later?
- I will, if you’ll go out with me tonight.
- I’m sure it will be, especially if I get to spend it with you.
- Awww, you’re the sweetest!
- Thanks! I’ll spend it daydreaming about you.
- Want to make it an even better day?
- Thanks — I was just thinking about you.
- Just hearing your voice makes my day better.
- I’ll try, but it’s going to be pretty hard without you around.
- I love waking up to messages from you. Hope you have a good day, as well.
- Thanks! And I hope you have a day as beautiful as you are.
- It’d be even better if you were here with me.
- I’d have a better day if I knew I was going to see you later.
- That means a lot coming from you.
Tips for Choosing Your Response
Offering a flirty response can be risky, depending on who it’s for, so take your time choosing the right one.
You may also want to have a response ready for alternate situations if you’re not sure when or where you’ll see them next.
Keep these tips in mind when making the choice:
- Consider your current relationship. Are you partners, close friends, colleagues, or casual acquaintances? Tailor your response to the level of flirtation appropriate to your situation. For example, if you’re choosing a response for a coworker you don’t know very well, you probably don’t want to choose something too forward. If you’re sending a flirty response to your boyfriend, you can choose something more personal.
- Consider their personality. If the person in mind is generally playful and lighthearted, choose a message to match. If they tend to be straightforward and serious, try something that’s a bit more subtle like, “Thanks — I was just thinking about you.” The subtle approach also gives you the opportunity to gauge their response and decide what to say next.
- Choose a response that feels natural. Stay true to yourself and what feels natural when choosing a message. If you don’t, it may come off as strange, fake, or forced.
- Adapted from “Flirty Responses to ‘Have a Good Day!,'” Positive Scope
- “15+ Flirty Responses to ‘Have a Good Day!,'” Mental Style Project
- “Flirty Responses to ‘Have a Good Day!,'” Positive Scope