For many, mornings are the best time of the day. Whether you’re an early bird or not, wishing someone else a “good morning” is a great way to open communication and to help others feel welcome, valued, and important.
For African Americans, “good morning” messages can be inspirational or motivating and can help you start your day off right by spreading positive energy.
Even when a quote has nothing to do with morning itself, it can brighten someone else’s day or give them the pick-me-up they need.
We’ve compiled the list of “good morning” quotes — many by prominent African American writers and other public figures — perfect for sharing at home, in the office, or online to help wish others a blessed day.
You’ll also find some great tips for ways to enjoy your own beautiful mornings.
- “Just one look at you, and I know it’s gonna be a lovely day.” -Bill Withers
- A new day has dawned; a new beginning to be embraced and enjoyed. As you go through this day, I hope that you will find it filled with joy and happiness, as well as success in all your endeavors.
- “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.” -Oprah Winfrey
- All the problems are stuck between mind and matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter. Good morning! Have a wonderful day!
- Make a habit of rising and shining early and praying to God for the whole day.
- “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” -Oprah Winfrey
- Waking up is a sign that God is not done with you yet.
- “If you can’t fly, then run. If you can’t run, then walk. If you can’t walk, then crawl. But whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” -Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Every morning we are handed 24 blank pages. It’s up to us what we write on them.
- You are important in my life because, with your presence, you make my day much better. That’s why I want to wish you a very good morning every morning, and today too!
- “You don’t have to be great to get started, but you have to get started to be great!” -Les Brown
- Good morning! Inhale confidence. Exhale doubt.
- “There are times in life when, instead of complaining, you do something about your complaints.” -Rita Dove
- Welcome to another morning. May you be blessed this day and may you be a blessing to others.
- It don’t matter what mood you woke up in this morning. God has blessed us to see another day. I’m thankful, what about you? Good morning!
- When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. Good morning and have a good day!
- Good morning, hope everyone is feeling blessed this morning. Praise God.
- Receive this new day with the same strength of spirit that carried our forefathers through trials and triumphs.
- I would like to bring to this day that begins for you my best wishes and all my positive energy, just like you always do with me. May everything go great for you today and bring you much happiness and joy, good morning!
- “Never be limited by other people’s limited imaginations.” -Dr. Mae Jemison
- May God bless you richly as you go about making this world a better place for yourself and others.
- When you get up in the morning, go ahead and smile; it’ll make everyone wonder what you’ve been up to.
- “Be passionate and move forward with gusto every single hour of every single day until you reach your goal.” -Ava Duvernay
Tips for Making Your Morning Great
Whether you’re a morning person or not, there’s always a way to make the start of the day more positive.
Here are a few ideas on how to improve your mornings.
- Step outside. Weather permitting, stepping out to breathe and appreciate the beauty of the morning sky is a great way to get the day started.
- Count your blessings. No matter how hectic your morning is, take a minute — or even 30 seconds — before you get out of bed or while brushing your teeth to think of the things you have to be thankful for today.
- Open the blinds and let in some sunshine. Sunlight gives your mood a natural boost and provides you with vitamin D. It’s a great way to get going in the morning.
- Prepare the night before. Taking the time the night before to lay out everything you’ll need in the morning — clothes, shoes, purse, keys, work/school essentials — will make things run a lot smoother and keep your morning stress-free.
- “Positive African American Good Morning Quotes 2023,” Current School News
- “SPIRITUAL African American GOOD MORNING quotes and images,” Mircari Quotes
- “60+ spiritual African-American good morning quotes for him or her,” Tuko
- “50+ Spiritual African American Good Morning Quotes,” Good Morning Love
- “Positive African American good morning quotes,” Diario Viral
- “20 Good Morning African American Images That Will Melt Your Heart,” Melaninful
- “Black Man Good Morning Quotes, Quotations & Sayings 2023,” Search Quotes
- Adapted from “175 African American Good Morning Quotes and Images,” QuotesMoon
- “African American Good Morning Quotes,” Addictive Quotes