Employers tend to appreciate long-term employees who are professional, reliable, positive, and flexible, with adaptable skills for the changing world.
If an employee or coworker has these qualities, it’s good to show your appreciation for them on their work anniversary!
The longer an employee sticks with the company, the greater appreciation they deserve.
People who have been at a company for at least four years tend to be loyal and willing to take on challenges. They’ve also had time to develop in their knowledge and expand their skill set, to the company’s benefit as well as their own.
Below, we have over 20 ways to say “happy belated work anniversary,” plus some gift ideas to treat your colleague for their anniversary!
- Happy belated work anniversary, and cheers to many more successful years ahead!
- You set an exemplary standard for all of us with your work ethic and dedication. Thank you for everything you have done for us all these years. Happy belated work anniversary to a loyal employee!
- Happy [number] work anniversary to an unforgettable employee. You’re an incredible team member and I’m ever grateful for your positive attitude.
- Here’s wishing the happiest of work anniversaries to someone who, more than just a committed employee, is also a cherished member of our team.
- It’s an absolute pleasure working with such a dedicated employee who promises to be an essential part of the company’s future. Happy belated work anniversary. Wishing you many more to come!
- Filled with a positive vibe, confidence, honesty, and fearlessness, we couldn’t have found anyone better than you for our team. Happy belated work anniversary!
- Self-motivated, disciplined, and focused. These words aren’t enough to describe an employee like you. Happy belated work anniversary!
- Happy belated work anniversary to someone who can always be counted on to bring first-class professionalism to the workplace and who is an incredibly valuable asset to our whole team.
- Colleagues like you make the workplace enjoyable, and I’m so thankful to be a member of your team. I hope you had a fantastic work anniversary and find great success in the years to come!
- Can you believe it’s been [number] years since you joined our team? No wonder time flies so fast — you continue to inspire us with your ethics and charming personality. Happy belated work anniversary, buddy, and I wish you all the best for years to come!
- We can take inspiration from the passion, hard work, and loyalty that you have displayed throughout these years of service. Congratulations on your recent work anniversary!
- It feels just like yesterday that you started working with us, whereas it’s already been [number] years! I must acknowledge that you have come a long way as a professional in our organization, and we appreciate your efforts. With our best compliments for your anniversary, here’s to more fantastic years of work together.
- I looked up the word “indispensable” in the dictionary, and your photo appears. Happy belated work anniversary, superstar!
- Thanks for being my right hand and desk buddy! Happy belated work anniversary.
- It takes just one person to make a difference, and you’ve made a difference every day since you started working with us. Congratulations on another milestone in your professional career. Happy belated work anniversary!
- Having an employee like you is a matter of utmost pride and gratitude. Your loyalty and hard work have set an example for everyone in our organization. Thank you for being a part of our company. Happy belated work anniversary!
- Congratulations on your (belated) work anniversary! It’s been an absolute pleasure working with you this past year, and I look forward to many more!
- Happy belated anniversary! We’re so proud to have you as part of the team, and hope that you keep up the good work for many years to come!
- Congratulations on your years of service with our company. We all benefit from strong leadership like you. I hope you had an amazing work anniversary!
- Another year has passed, and once again, we proudly celebrate one of our best employees. You are inspiring, committed, and hardworking. You are an example for your colleagues and managers alike. We couldn’t have wished for a better employee. Happy belated work anniversary and best wishes for the future!
- Words cannot express how much I appreciate all your hard work. Warmest wishes for your recent work anniversary!
- The company’s future is sure to be bright with team members like you! Your hard work and creativity are an inspiration to all of your colleagues. Happy belated anniversary!
- Happy belated work anniversary! Thank you for all the wonderful years filled with your hard work and dedicated service. I’m so blessed that we work in the same place.
- Congratulations on your work anniversary, and thank you for your hard work and dedication as a valued employee.
- You are an example of hard work and loyalty to all of us. After [number] years together, you have earned our utmost respect and appreciation. We’re proud to have you on our team. Happy belated anniversary and all our best wishes!
- Wishing you the happiest of work anniversaries. On a personal note, thanks for being a great friend as well as an admired coworker!
- Congratulations on completing another year of work successfully. I have known you for a long time, and I’m happy to be your friend and colleague. Knowing you has opened my eyes and helped me grow and prosper. I hope you had a great work anniversary and have a fantastic year to come!
- Thank you for being part of our company’s success over the years. We greatly appreciate and value your hard work and success. Happy belated [number] work anniversary.
- Wishing you a happy belated work anniversary and continued success!
Gift Ideas for a Work Anniversary
Along with anniversary wishes, you might want to get your coworker or employee a gift for their work anniversary.
A card or message can be enough of a celebration, but if the person is celebrating a milestone anniversary or you’re particularly close to them, a small gift can make them feel even more highly appreciated!
Consider the following gift ideas.
- Desk decor: A fake plant, nameplate, desk organizer, small calendar, or another piece of desk decor can help them refresh their space in the office and provide a daily reminder of how much you appreciate them.
- Company apparel: A jacket or fleece featuring the employee’s name and company logo can be a great gift to celebrate their loyalty and years of service.
- A restaurant gift card: Gift cards might seem like an impersonal gift, but for someone who works hard, a gift card to a nice restaurant can provide them with a relaxing after-work dinner or a great afternoon lunch break!
- Self-care items: A great employee deserves some relaxation! A nice candle, cozy blanket, face mask, or bath kit can provide a hard-working colleague a reminder to treat themselves.
- “45 Work Anniversary Messages for Employees and Co-Workers,” Small Biz Trends
- “50 Appreciative Work Anniversary Wishes and Quotes for Employees and Peers,” Vantage Circle
- “200+ Work Anniversary Quotes and Messages to wish your Colleagues,” Ricotta
- Adapted from “45 Work Anniversary Messages for Employees and Co-Workers,” Small Biz Trends
- “Belated Work Anniversary Wishes,” Happy Wishes
- “25 Best Work Anniversary Messages for Employees, Managers, and Colleagues,” Leaveboard