Love capsules contain small notes and provide sweet messages that someone you love can open each day — or whenever they need a reminder of how much you love them.
They can be great for long-distance relationships, daily affirmations, and even non-romantic relationships like close friends or siblings.
Psychologists note that expressing your love is important to all kinds of personal relationships. It reminds those you love that they’re important to you and can help reinforce your fondness for each other.
In marriages and long-term relationships, expressing your love is especially important. Not saying “I love you” enough can create distance in your relationship.
Below, we have more than 50 love capsule message ideas, plus tips to help you write your own unique messages!
- The good things in life are better with you.
- Our love always finds a way.
- Loving you is truly living.
- “My heart’s been borrowed, and yours has been blue; all’s well that ends well to end up with you.” -Taylor Swift
- The more I know you, the more I love you.
- I’m glad that you and I are us!
- All my best days are the ones that I have spent with you.
- You, Me, Always
- “You’ve a place in my heart no one else could have.” -F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Are you from Hogwarts? Because being around you feels magical!
- “To you, I’ll give the world.” -Fleetwood Mac
- May I dance with you to the tune of a song that lasts forever?
- Life without you would be dull and gray.
- “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” -Audrey Hepburn
- I would like to fill my calendars with memories of you.
- I love you for what I am when I’m with you.
- “Let’s be perfectly imperfect together.”
- And just like that, you have become my everything.
- “And darling, I will be loving you ’til we’re 70.” -Ed Sheeran
- You are everything I will ever need to keep smiling.
- “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” -Maya Angelou
- “Grow old with me. The best is yet to be.” -Robert Browning
- “Can I go where you go? Can we always be this close, forever and ever?” -Taylor Swift
- My love for you is a journey starting at forever and ending at never.
- You are my heart’s epic adventure.
- “It was love at first sight, at last sight, at ever and ever sight.” -Vladimir Nabokov
- The best thing that ever happened to me is you.
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” -A. A. Milne
- You stole my heart, and I don’t want it back ever!
- Life isn’t always wonderful, but you are!
- Love you to the moon and back.
- Just so you know, I’m madly in love with you.
- I want to be your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.
- “Your love is better than ice cream.” -Sarah McLachlan
- I love you… madly, sincerely, completely, and with no reservations.
- “There’s no love like your love, and no other could give me more love.” -Bryan Adams
- Every day seems like a blessing since I met you.
- You are an original. I feel so lucky to have found you.
- It’s you and me against the universe. We’re the strongest team there is.
- “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” -Hermann Hesse
- “Take me to your heart, for it’s there that I belong.” -Elvis Presley
- “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” -Robert A. Heinlein
- You are more precious than you will ever know.
- “Never before has someone been more unforgettable.” -Nat King Cole
- “You’re still the one I run to, the one that I belong to. You’re still the one I want for life.” -Shania Twain
- In you, I find the completion of me and the wonder of us.
- “You’re always the first and the last thing on this heart of mine. No matter where I go, or what I do, I’m thinking of you.” -Dierks Bentley
- “God only knows what I’d be without you.” -The Beach Boys
- Love is faith that dreams will come true. Love is you.
- “How sweet it is to be loved by you…” -James Taylor
- To the world, you may be one person, but to me, you are the world.
- You = Awesome, Me = Lucky
- Loving you is my favorite adventure.
Tips for Writing Unique Love Capsule Messages
Love capsule messages should remind the person you love how much you appreciate and cherish them.
Keep these tips in mind to craft your own personalized love capsule messages:
- Consider your audience. While love capsules are often shared by couples, you can also make them for your best friends or close family members. Choose messages appropriate for the person you’re writing for — not just their relationship to you, but their personality! If you know the person is very sentimental, for example, you might want to jot down sweet memories rather than funny messages.
- Use quotes! Sometimes, the words of others can encompass your feelings better than you could ever express them! Quotes from your favorite songs, books, and films shared by you and the recipient can make great additions to a love capsule.
- Keep it short. Since love capsules are usually small, your message shouldn’t be too lengthy — otherwise, you’ll need to write it so small that the recipient might not be able to read it!
- “15 Short & Sweet Love Quotes,” Hallmark
- “365 Love Notes I Love You Gifts for Boyfriend Digital Prints,” Etsy
- “40 Best Romantic Song Lyrics,” Country Living
- “100+ Short Love Messages,” WishesMsg
- “Anniversary Quotes & Romantic Love Messages,” Zazzle
- “74 Best Love Song Quotes and Romantic Song Lyrics That Say I Love You,” Good Housekeeping
- “41 Short Love Quotes for Your Anniversary,” Fortune and Frame
- “279+ UNIQUE Love Notes For Him & Her From The Heart,” BayArt
- “125 Romantic Love Quotes for Her and Him to Say ‘I Love You,'” Parade