Traveling abroad is a thrilling experience that allows you to explore unexpected places, meet new people, and broaden your perspective of how the world works.
Traveling also has several health benefits. Even before the trip begins, planning and anticipating the journey can lift your mood and lower your chances of depression.
When a friend is traveling abroad, they’re sure to be excited about their trip, but they might also be a bit nervous! One way to show your support is by sharing a special message with them.
Whether your friend is leaving for a vacation, a business trip, or a semester overseas, we have the list of messages to celebrate your friend’s trip abroad below. We also share ideas for creating your unique farewell.
- In your journey abroad, don’t be afraid to take risks, fill your heart with beautiful memories, and cherish this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- Dearest friend, embrace the spontaneity and adventure of this trip abroad. Good luck. I wish you nothing but the best.
- May all your dreams in the big wide world come true as you face it with open arms.
- I just heard the news about your upcoming trip. How exciting that you get to see the world! Take lots of pictures and don’t you dare come back without a fabulous souvenir for me.
- All my best wishes on your time spent abroad. I hope you learn something new every day and have the time of your life.
- Sending you all my love and best wishes on your journey abroad. I look forward to hearing about your grand adventures when you return. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything. I’m always just one phone call away.
- It’s hard to believe you’re setting out to travel abroad. I can only imagine what wonders you will behold. The [weeks/months] spent away from home will serve you well as you face life ahead. Make the most of this precious time!
- “Hav-ana” great time on your trip abroad!
- Congratulations on your upcoming trip abroad. Embrace the customs, learn all you can, and don’t be afraid to try something new! Someday you’ll look back at today with nostalgia and wonder. Don’t ever leave yourself wondering what might have been…
- Wishing you all the best on your journey abroad. Safe travels, buddy.
- While traveling abroad, be sure to embrace the unknown, and don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone a little. I hope you have an incredible trip!
- Wishing you all the best and nothing but success in your new adventure. You’re so lucky it’s taking you abroad! Keep in touch.
- I couldn’t be happier for you setting sail on this incredible adventure. I can only imagine the faraway lands you’ll see and the wonderful people you’ll meet. Don’t forget to write it all down. I want to hear everything when you come home!
- So, you’re off to see the world. Best of luck to you! Bon voyage, my darling.
- Warmest wishes to you as you embark on your wondrous adventure abroad!
- I’m so excited about your trip abroad! Never allow fear to stand in the way of experiencing something new and wonderful.
- May all your world-traveling dreams come true on your grand voyage.
- Wishing you safe travels on your trip around the world! Take care of yourself.
- Good luck with your trip abroad. I hope you experience and find everything you’ve always dreamed about!
- Remember to keep a healthy work-fun balance during your time studying abroad and bring me back something good!
- Wishing you a wonderful time, [name]. Please keep me posted on all your exciting adventures.
- I’ll miss you while you’re gone seeing the world but don’t waste a moment missing me. Have fun, take pictures, and build only the best memories!
- Bon voyage, bestie! I hope you enjoy every moment of your trip overseas!
- You’re so lucky to be taking off on this once-in-a-lifetime voyage abroad. I’d give anything to be in your shoes. Be careful, have enough fun for both of us, and fall in love with the sights wherever you go!
- Best wishes on your trip abroad! I certainly wish I could come with you.
- No matter where you go in the big wide world, our hearts will always be connected. Love you! Have a wonderful trip!
- Have fun on your trip abroad. You deserve it!
How to Personalize Your Message
Writing a message to a friend to wish them well on their trip abroad is a great way to show your support and stay connected with them during their trip.
When creating your own, you may want to find a quiet place to ponder what it is you want to say and what you want your friend to remember while they’re away.
You can also use our helpful tips below for creating your own personalized message:
- Take inspiration from the places they’ll be traveling. If your friend’s traveling to a place you’ve always wanted to visit or to somewhere you’ve been, suggest a few things to see. You can also find some great ideas to share online. This could include museums, restaurants, historical sites, shops, or natural wonders.
- Include an inside joke. If the two of you share an inside joke (especially one that’s travel-related), consider making it part of your message. It will give them something fun to take along on their adventure to remind them of home.
- Remind them what a great opportunity they’re experiencing. International travel will enrich your friend’s life. Even if the focus of their trip is work or studying, it’s an opportunity to find a new perspective. Remind them to take full advantage of the experience and make the most of every moment.
- Keep it upbeat. Traveling abroad is likely a highlight of your friend’s life. Even if you’re wishing you could tag along, be sure to keep your message upbeat and send them off with positivity.