Godparents, when appointed, are an important part of a child’s life.
They share the responsibility for the child’s religious upbringing. They also serve as mentors and generally become as much a part of a child’s life as any other member of their extended family.
Mother’s Day is the perfect time to show appreciation to a godmother for everything she’s done as a “bonus mom.”
We’ve provided the list of ways to say, “Happy Mother’s Day to my godmother.”
You’ll also find ideas for how to choose the perfect message below the list!
- Godmother, thank you so much for helping me through the roughest times of my life and cheering me on through my happiest moments. I love you. Happy Mother’s Day!
- You’re the bippity boppity best-beloved godmother in all the land. Happy Mother’s Day to you!
- God blessed my world with many nice things like lightning bugs and butterfly wings, puppy dog kisses and kites on long strings, but He blessed me best with a godmother like you. Happy Mother’s Day!
- My Godmother — For keeping watch over my soul, for showing me you care, I thank you from my very depths, for always being there.
- Happy Mother’s Day, Godmother! Thanks for being my guardian angel during all the troubles of my life.
- You’re better than a fairy godmother. I hope you have a magical Mother’s Day! I love you so much!
- I don’t know what I would do without you, Godmother. I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day. You are truly appreciated.
- Godmother, there’s something special about everything we do together, even when it’s nothing special. I’m glad you’re my very own godmother… Happy Mother’s Day.
- I really am so lucky, and thank the stars above, for when it comes to godmothers, I’ve got the best to love!
- Thank you, godmother, for always being my guiding light. You’ll never know how much you mean to me. Happy Mother’s Day.
- I’m so thankful my parents chose you to be my godmother. Happy Mother’s Day, with all my love.
- Only a godmother can give hugs like a mother, can keep secrets like a sibling, can share love like a friend.
- All the things you’ve done for me throughout my life mean more to me than all the money in the world, godmother. Happy Mother’s Day to you today and every day.
- Every child should have a godmother as wonderful as you. Have a Happy Mother’s Day!
- You’ve shown what it means to live a life of faith. I’m blessed to have your example. Happy Mother’s Day to my godmother.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the godmother in my life who’s done so much for me.
- I wish I could express how much you mean to me, godmother. Wishing you a glorious Mother’s Day full of love.
How to Choose the Perfect Mother’s Day Wishes for Your Godmother
Everyone’s relationship with their godparents is unique, so there’s no “one size fits all” way to wish your godmother a happy Mother’s Day.
Here are some helpful tips for choosing the right thing to say or writing your own special message.
- What’s the desired tone? First, decide on a tone. Do you want your message to be serious or silly? Keep this in mind when choosing the right one.
- Remember to use her title. From G to Nana, many godmothers come with their own unique titles. Be sure to substitute your godmother’s special name into your message in place of “godmother,” if applicable.
- Add a happy memory or your favorite thing about her. One way to choose a message is to pick the one you can easily fit into a happy memory you have of your godmother. You may also want one that works well with a few of the things you love about her.
- Choose one as an opener to an invitation. Spending time with your godmother can be enriching. Add an invitation to lunch or out for a Sunday drive to the end of your message. It’ll warm her heart to know you want to spend more time with her!
- “Mother’s Day Messages for Godmother,” Mother’s Day Messages
- “Woodland Grace Series My Godmother Wood Plaque With Easel,” Michaels
- “Happy Mothers Day Grandmother!,” Love This Pic
- “Godmother Quotes And Poems,” QuotesGram
- “Happy Mother’s Day to a Wonderful GODMOTHER!,” Amazon